The information we collect
The Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details, date of birth and other relevant details when you apply for membership, join a sponsorship program or participate in other Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. related activities. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. and when you participate in contests and promotions or return feedback forms.
The Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your membership of the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc., including providing you with newsletters, magazines, renewal notices and other information necessary to inform you of the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.’s activities;
- where appropriate, to establish and maintain a sponsorship relationship between you and the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. and to facilitate effective communication channels;
- to provide the products, services or information you have requested from the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.;
- to answer your inquiries;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- in accordance with the membership and partnership charters of the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.;
- to assist us to make the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.’s facilities, services and products more valuable to our members and stakeholders;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
By providing your personal information you consent to the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.’s confidential disclosure to related parties for this purpose. You may decline any marketing communications by advising the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. of your wishes by the means outlined below.
Access to your information
You can access the personal information that the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. holds about you by contacting the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc.’s Secretary. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access. If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us.
After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
The Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Internet is not generally a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. The Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. does, however, recognise that information will be passed via the Internet and takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk associated with such communications.
Contacting us and “Opting Out” notification
Please Note: Please notify the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. if you do not wish to receive marketing information or do not wish to have your contact details provided to third parties for the communication of product and services information. If you do not notify the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce Inc. otherwise, you are deemed to have confirmed your agreement, and that of those persons you represent, to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.